ABC Member Grants
Grants are available to ABC Members from the Foundation.
The Foundation for America's Blood Centers (FABC) seeks to support the ABC Core Values of Advocacy, Data and Education by funding member programs and initiatives that help ensure a safe and adequate blood supply. The FABC is committed to helping ABC members, individually and collectively, achieve their missions. As such, the Foundation is pleased to announce the return of funding in fiscal year 2018 for:
- Projects or programs with national scalability to be developed by individual member centers.
- National programs to be developed by America's Blood Centers' working groups, committees or members for application in the U.S. and Canada.
We are pleased to announced the following grants were awarded for FY18:
- Characterization of ABO Titers among Group O and A donors: Harmonizing an Established Protocol to Define 'Low Titer' ABO Blood Products (BloodCenter of Wisconsin (Versiti))
- High School Donor Recognition Program (Community Blood Center (Appleton))**
- Iron Replacement Program (LifeStream)
- Use of Messaging and Action Planning to Mitigate Iron Depletion in At-Risk Donors (New York Blood Center)
** Awarded the Lou Katz Research Grant