The 55th ABC Annual Meeting is now behind us. The good feelings generated by another successful fundraising year for the Foundation for America's Blood Centers (FABC) and superb events are giving space to the realization that we have to do it all over again. Our priorities, in support of ABC's strategic agenda, are clear: get value from the Data Warehouse, establish a solid advocacy platform with the new administration, and continue to educate our community.
We have translated these general directions into five actionable fundraising opportunities:
- Data: We will raise funds to produce and distribute FABC-branded benchmarking reports to ABC member blood centers.
- Advocacy: As a follow-up to unanswered questions from the RAND study, we aim to fund large-scale external research to inform and promote our "asks" regarding the sustainability of the U.S. blood supply.
- Education: We will continue to fund ABC scholarships for members' employees who demonstrate they will get value from our educational offerings.
- Grants: FABC will resume its member grants to fund efforts focused on translational research on current hot topics. Sharing the results of these studies will benefit all members.
- New Grant: Last but not least, FABC is launching the Louis Katz Research Grant to fund research by ABC members (possibly in collaboration with industry partners) that focuses on donor health, safety and management.
I know it is still early in the year and many of us may still be honoring year-end charitable commitments, but I urge you to start thinking about which opportunity you and your center may want to participate in; or which industry partners you may have contacts with and what would they be likely to support. Or of course, you can follow the example of Larry Fredrick, who contributed $1,000 to the Louis Katz fund as soon as it was announced during the Annual Meeting. You can make a personal contribution to the program of your choice by clicking here.
The FABC team is ready to answer any questions you may have and accept your donation. I thank you for your generous support so far and look forward to another successful year.
Pascal George; FABC President; email@example.com