Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going – The ABC Professional Institute
It is amazing how quickly a calendar year flies by. Here we are almost at the end of October and preparations for the holidays and end of the year have already begun. It is also hard to believe that just a year ago at this time is when we started planning the first stages of the ABC Professional Institute (API) - a one-stop-shop for all of ABC's educational offerings. Reflecting on that first year of bringing the API from a concept to a tangible item, it is exciting to look back on what has been accomplished:
- The creation of the API Curriculum Development Committee - a group of volunteer ABC members who help lead the direction of the project, as well as the creation and development of API programs;
- The development and launch of the API Capital Campaign, which has raised nearly $300,000 to date to help sustain this program;
- The standardization of educational offerings to ensure that whether it is an online offering or a face-to-face meeting, all educational opportunities meet and exceed the learner's expectations;
- The development, implementation, and launch of the ABC mobile event application, a simple yet effective mobile app that allows attendees to easily access meeting/workshop information from their smartphones or tablets both prior to and during events;
- The launch of the new ABC Member Site, providing members a user-friendly experience to access all of ABC resources and information, including all educational offerings through the API;
- The creation of a new position at ABC - the director of Education Programs & Grants to develop and manage education programs and processes to drive a learning and continuing education culture that delivers member value and satisfaction via the API; and
- The first newly designed offering of the API, Blood Banking 101, is in the initial stages of development. Blood Banking 101 is an introductory e-learning tool aimed at providing the learner with a foundational knowledge of the blood banking industry.
The accomplishments achieved thus far are much thanks to you, our supporters: the membership, volunteer committee members, and the generous contributions of industry partners. We would not be where we are in this project without each and every one of you. But our work is not done. The API Capital Campaign runs through the end of March, and with it comes a goal of nearly tripling the amount raised thus far. As mentioned above, the launch of the Blood Banking 101 program, as well as additional e-learning offerings, are just around the corner.
So whether it's a financial contribution or donation of your time and resources, we look forward in continuing to work with you on the goal of making the API a recognized premiere learning platform. Contact Rachelle Fondaw to learn more about how you can get involved. And just think - with your support - what accomplishments we will be able to look back on this time next year.
Abbey Nunes; Chief Member Experience; firstname.lastname@example.org