About Independent Blood Centers
Statistics and infographics on the importance of blood donation to the community.
Policy Issue Fact Sheets
Prioritize Blood as a National Priority
Support the establishment of partnerships and programs that raise awareness about the need for consistent blood donation from a diverse community of donors.
Value of Blood in Your Community
Blood on the shelf saves lives as the U.S. blood supply must cover every day needs and unexpected disasters. The altruistic gift of blood from millions of donors nationwide each year is unique within the healthcare sector.
The Role of Blood in Emergency Preparedness and Response
Blood is recognized as one of HHS’ identified safety and security components. The Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness & Advancing Innovation Act (PAHPA) includes important provisions that strengthen the U.S. blood system.
- FDA Blood and Blood Products
- Advisory Committee on Blood and Tissue Safety and Availability
- Blood and Tissue Preparedness and Response
- CMS – CLIA
- AABB Standards and Accreditation
- Code of Federal Regulations – Title 21
- Federal Register
- CAP – College of American Pathologists
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration